Researcher, lecturer, mental health counsellor, and UXer.
I’m an Honorary Professor at University of Bamberg in Germany, Department of Psychology where I also completed my postdoctoral studies as a fellow of Alexander von Humbolt Foundation. I teach Positive Psychology and collaborate with colleagues in Personality and Psychological Assessment in several research projects.
I’m the founder and managing director of Research Maze – a research, training, and consultancy company based in London. We are a team of psychologists, counsellors, researchers, and business developers specialised in a variety of social science and user experience research methods. Apart from research consultancy, we develop and deliver training programs for different groups such as employees, managers, and students. Our training programs aim at increasing the quality of life of individuals and the society.
To collaborate with us in research projects or to get training services, please contact us at email@example.com.
I’m the head of research at Humanayz – a design and research company operating in London. Humanayz focuses on emerging technologies and products, and develops technology-assisted tools that can increase quality of life, and strenghten emotional wellbeing of individuals. Humanayz also collaborates with universities and participates in European Union projects as a partner.
We can work together!
If you’re interested in our business initiatives and would like to work with us, please get in touch.
- My book on happiness (in Turkish).
- This book, written for general population, looks at the concept of happiness from a variety of perspectives and presents facts about happiness based on scientific evidence. It was a pleasure collaborating with Gökce Bulgan in this project. You can order this book here.
- Workshop: Being smart with our emotions
- I’m running a 3-hour workshop in November on how to regulate our emotions better. .
- Workshop: The art and science of the good life
- I’m running a 3-hour workshop in October on “the good life”
- New publication: Chapter on optimism
- Our new paper on the relationship between authenticity, uniqueness and happiness has been published in Current Psychology. https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007%2F978-3-319-28099-8_706-1
- Positive Psychology class at University of Bamberg.
- I taught Positive Psychology at University of Bamberg in April 2018.
- Workshop on understanding personality traits
- In February 2018, I ran two workshops on personality for employees at Path – a design consultancy based in London.
- The second edition of our book “Mutluluk 2.0” (in Turkish) is out.
- I would like to thank all the readers who made the reprint of our book possible in such a short time.
- Named “Honorary Professor” at University of Bamberg in Germany.
- In my research studies, I have been collaborating with Personality and Assessment division of Psychology Department at University of Bamberg since 2010. I’m honoured to receive this title.
- My new publication is out: Cultural and social aspects of emotion regulation.
- In collaboration with Professor Cecilia Essau, my new book chapter “Cultural and social aspects of emotion regulation” has been published in”Emotion regulation and psychopathology in children and adolescents” by Oxford University Press.
- The psychology behind user experience
- My new article (in Turkish), which has been published in webrazzi, discusses the importance of considering some basic psychological theories in order to create great user experience.
- New blog post on happiness
- My piece “The Misguided Quest for Happiness” has been published in Existential Cafe.
- Seminar on happiness
- In March 2017, I gave a seminar on happiness and discussed the concept from different perspectives in a meeting organised by Bosphorus University Alumni United Kingdom at Docklands Academy. I also talked about my new book on happiness.
- Seminar on the relationship between happiness and religion
- In December 2016, I gave a seminar on the relationship between happiness and religion to a group of students in Windsor. We first discussed the importance of scientific research, then moved on to the discussion about the link between religion and happiness.
- Seminar on positive psychological interventions
- In October 2016, I gave two seminars on positive psychological interventions in University of Bamberg in Germany. I talked about the empirical studies in this area and discussed to what extent they are effective in increasing the wellbeing of individuals.
- Seminar on diversity
- In May and September 2016, I gave two seminars on diversity to two different design agencies in London. We discussed the differences between high-context and low-context cultures and how these cultural aspects shape our communication styles.
- Workshop on positive psychology at work
- In September 2016, I did two one-day workshops in Istanbul with two employee groups about the applications of positive psychology at work. Participants learned the basics of positive psychology and how they can make use of a variety of positive psychological activities at work to increase their job satisfaction and find more meaning at work.
- 8th European Positive Psychology Conference
- Our research paper entitled “Unraveling the relationship between religion and life satisfation: A cross-cultural study” was presented by the first author Selin Misir at the 8th European Positive Psychology Conference in France. Please contact me if you would like to learn more about the study.